Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bad Ass Badu

As part of my Xmas present my generous man Ash bought me a ticket to see the amazing Erykah Badu at Belvoir Amphitheatre on the weekend. Over all the years I haven't once made it out to Belvoir to see anything so I was super excited to check out the scenery. Unfortunately when I got there the security sad sacks wouldnt let me bring my camera in, boo! so the only photos to come away from the night were rudimentary posey outfit shots. Next time I'll remember to bring my point and shoot instead of squeezing my ancient beast of an SLR into my poor, heaving Marc Jacobs.

We arrived just as Mayer Hawthorne was finishing his set and then I devoured nachos and cheap white wine during most of Fat Freddy's Drop. Near the end of Fat Freddy's we tracked down our posse and I spent the rest of the set making up reggae reefer songs with my hilarious friend Kimmy.
The whole concert I continued to look around, up and down, completely in awe of our amazing surroundings. The amphitheatre was packed with young and old souls thoroughly enjoying themselves, and as the night fell the giant crowd blurred into a heaving mass, dancing simultaneously to the beat. I couldnt help thinking that it all looked like a huge worm farm from an aerial view.

Needless to say, Erykah was out of this world wonderful. I have seen her before at a festival where she was awesome but in this particular setting she seemed so at home, and really blew me away. She is such a sxc mama and I know all the boys (and girls) around me fell instantly in lusty love, if they weren't already. She impressed us all with her insane voice, talented mpc skills and shout outs to Outkast and J Dilla. SUCH A BABE!

I was so tired by the end of it (I'd been working all day and went straight there) that I fell asleep in the car ride home, no doubt dreaming of the effervesent Erykah being my long lost sister from another mister.

Peace x

T by Alexander Wang Cape, Romance was Born leggings, American Apparel tee, Vans shoes, Marc by Marc Jacobs bag

No comments:

Post a Comment